A couple of days ago, I received a bill from the city saying that I had not 
paid my Special Benefits District surcharge (for the CVCBD), and that I had 
until the end of the month to pay up. Since I had already paid my CVCBD bill 
for the year, I figured this was a mistake. When I called to ask about it, I 
was told that this bill had indeed been sent out in error. Apparently, many 
homeowners in the city's Special Benefits Districts, including the CVCBD, 
received a similar, erroneous bill. If you received a similar bill from the 
city (and your CVCBD surtax is paid up), disregard it. The city will be sending 
out retractions explaining the error. A short article about this billing error 
appeared in today's Baltimore Sun, the text of which is pasted below.Paul 
BurkBaltimore sends out tax bill notices with errorsFebruary 11, 2009Baltimore 
City officials acknowledged yesterday sending erroneous tax bill notices to 
property owners in the Midtown, Charles Village and Waterfront Management 
districts. The city is reviewing the files to determine the extent of the 
billing errors and will send follow-up letters to property owners when the 
mistakes are corrected. City officials anticipate the errors will be corrected 
by March. The errors are limited to liens for special benefit district taxes 
levied on properties in those neighborhoods.
_________________________________________________________________
Windows Liveā„¢: E-mail. Chat. Share. Get more ways to connect. 
http://windowslive.com/howitworks?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t2_allup_howitworks_022009
_______________________________________________
Chat mailing list
[email protected]
http://charlesvillage.info/mailman/listinfo/chat_charlesvillage.info
archive: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/

Reply via email to