I went outside, and a city crew is working at the other end of the block (near the southwest corner of 31st and Guilford). They are digging up part of Guilford Ave. I was told we should have our water back in a couple of hours.

I just saw Emil's post on the chat list. He lives right near where the crew is working, and they clearly are working hard. It takes a lot of work and money to maintain ancient water mains.

And thanks Emil to for encouraging the fixing of the problem.

Steve