See comments below.

On 2017-08-08 12:09, Jack Andrews wrote:
too complicated for any single person or company to handle
jsoftware might disagree. but very few programs built over years of effort
are pure

to build a language similar to J as a system of axioms and identities,
why not just use J?  it allows identities and axioms.
1. The problem was to control J development.
2. Because I want the identities to have mathematical/logical validity and hold for all values of the inputs.