>  It was Fama who idea posited that it is virtually impossible to
consistently beat the market

The idea that one cannot beat the market can be traced back, at least (and
probably even earlier), to Louis Bachelier who in his Théorie de la
Spéculation dissertation (1900) wrote "the mathematical expectation of the
speculator is zero" (in French, of course).

> Weak: the prices of securities reflect all available public market
information

> Semi-strong: Additionally prices rapidly adjust to new information
>
> Strong: not even insider knowledge can give investors a predictive edge

What I remember is somewhat different (based on the information being used
to try to beat the market):

Weak-form        - technical analysis (based just on the historical prices
of the security).
Semi-strong-form - fundamental analysis (based on any publicly available
information).
Strong-form      - analysis based on any available information (public or
private).

> I tried to offer some concrete examples that it EMH does not hold.

Earlier in this thread, I offered the entire trading record of a former
first lady in her younger years consisting in achieving a return of 9900%
return in 10 months.  Another one is Goldman Sachs producing a profit every
single day of the 63 trading days of Q1 of 2010.

On the one hand, it is not easy to produce consistent attractive
risk-adjusted excess returns by taking advantage of alleged mispricing of
any liquid security (e.g., an ETF tracking the S&P500).

On the other hand, it is easy to assert that it is mispriced (without
specifying whether the security is overpriced or underpriced) and offer an
analysis after the fact (market commentators, implicitly or explicitly, do
that every business day) which, from my point of view, might be as useful
as Monday morning quarterbacking; then again, this is the chat forum.  ;)