Preben Randhol wrote:

> I was wondering if somebody could help me a bit. I installed the
> cherokee web server as I want to use it for local files only. It is
> behind a firewall. I use it with dokuwiki and darcsweb on
> Debian. When I installed these programs they came with apache setup
> that I have tried to translate to Cherokee.

  I think that the first step should be to fill a bug in the Debian
  BTS for those packages.

> For Darcsweb the setup for Apache is:
>
>       Alias /darcs /var/www/darcs
>
>       Alias /darcsweb /usr/share/darcsweb
>       <Directory "/usr/share/darcsweb">
>                       AllowOverride None
>                       Options None
>                       Order allow,deny
>                       Allow from all
>                       RedirectMatch ^/darcsweb$ /cgi-bin/darcsweb.cgi
>       </Directory>
>
> After a lot of testing I got this setup to work (I put the setup
> in /etc/cherokee/sites-available/default is this the right place?)

  It depends on each case, but yeah.. that's the right place in almost
  all the occasions.

>       Directory /darcsweb {
>               DocumentRoot /usr/share/darcsweb/
>       }
>
>       Directory /darcs {
>               Handler cgi {
>                       Scriptalias /usr/lib/cgi-bin/darcsweb.cgi
>               }
>       }
>
> I don't know if this is the right way to set it up? The problem is that
> I also did:
>
>       Directory /doc {
>               DocumentRoot /usr/share/doc/
>       }
>
> and if I then go to this link:
>
>       http://localhost/doc/darcs/manual/
>
> then I get the content of
>
>       http://localhost/darcs/
>
> in stead unless I write:
>
>       http://localhost/doc/darcs/manual/index.html
>
> Why does this happen?

  I haven't understood what the problem is. Anyway, I suppose it's due
  to the priority system:

  The configuration entries are prioritized.  The last entry is the
  most important one. So, if a request matches in more than one entry,
  its behaviour will be based on the latest configuration entry with
  which it matched.

  For example, imagine this:

  Directory /example {
    Handler A
  }
  Extension bla {
    Handler B
  }

  In the case of receiving the request "/example/thing.bla", the
  server would use the handler B.

> The second setup was for dokuwiki:
>
>       Alias /dokuwiki         /usr/share/dokuwiki
>       <Directory /usr/share/dokuwiki/>
>               Options +FollowSymLinks
>               AllowOverride All
>               order allow,deny
>               allow from 127.0.0.1
>       </Directory>
>

> Directory /dokuwiki {
>     Allow from 127.0.0.1
>       DocumentRoot /usr/share/dokuwiki/
> }

  This one looks alright. What is the problem? (I don't remember how
  Dokuwiki works actually).

--
Greetings, alo.