Alvaro Lopez Ortega <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 22/08/2006 (02:05) :
> Preben Randhol wrote:
>
> > I was wondering if somebody could help me a bit. I installed the
> > cherokee web server as I want to use it for local files only. It is
> > behind a firewall. I use it with dokuwiki and darcsweb on
> > Debian. When I installed these programs they came with apache setup
> > that I have tried to translate to Cherokee.
>
>   I think that the first step should be to fill a bug in the Debian
>   BTS for those packages.

I was hoping to supply cherokee setup so that if others install the
packages they should work with cherokee out-of-the-box like with apache
:-)

>   I haven't understood what the problem is. Anyway, I suppose it's due
>   to the priority system:
>
>   The configuration entries are prioritized.  The last entry is the
>   most important one. So, if a request matches in more than one entry,
>   its behaviour will be based on the latest configuration entry with
>   which it matched.
>
>   For example, imagine this:
>
>   Directory /example {
>     Handler A
>   }
>   Extension bla {
>     Handler B
>   }
>
>   In the case of receiving the request "/example/thing.bla", the
>   server would use the handler B.

I have put /doc after /darcs in the file.

> > The second setup was for dokuwiki:
> >
> >     Alias /dokuwiki         /usr/share/dokuwiki
> >     <Directory /usr/share/dokuwiki/>
> >             Options +FollowSymLinks
> >             AllowOverride All
> >             order allow,deny
> >             allow from 127.0.0.1
> >     </Directory>
> >

> > Directory /dokuwiki {
> >     Allow from 127.0.0.1
> >     DocumentRoot /usr/share/dokuwiki/
> > }
>
>   This one looks alright. What is the problem? (I don't remember how
>   Dokuwiki works actually).

No problem, I just want to check that it is the correct way to do it.
Dokuwiki uses php.

The apache setup supplied is in two files darcsweb.conf and
dokuwiki.conf. Can one also get cherokee to read the setup from seperate
files? I mean that one do not have to put the info in the
site-available/default as this makes it difficult to uninstall.

Thanks

Preben