A.D.F. wrote:

>>   In the last few months we have done a quite big job with the
>>   upcoming new version of Cherokee. There are many changes and new
>>   features that have been living in trunk for quite long time and
>>   should begin to get some testing.
>>
>>   So far, we have gotten a new disrlist handler with themes
>>   support, a brand new configuration architecture (finally we got
>>   ride of Yacc and Lex!), auto-configurable plug-ins, balancers
>>   support, a new reverse proxy handler and also new LDAP and MySQL
>>   validator modules, among others goodies.
>
> Updating ChangeLog

  Yeah, I stopped updating it on the unstable branch when I stared
  making big structural changes.. What I can say?  "It seemed to be a
  good idea at that time"

> and documentation under "doc" directory would be helpful.

  The documentation topic is something that we'll have to discuss.

  The new administration interfaces are meant to allow the user to
  read the documentation: technically it's not a big deal although
  it'll force us to restructure it completely.

  It seems that we can choose between:

   - Ship all the documentation with the administration GUIs.
   - Split it: ship documentation with the GUIs and keep some on the
     net as well.
   - Keep everything on the Internet and ship a copy in the source
     tarball, like the current situation.

> I guess that the format of configuration files has changed.

  Completely.

  Actually, I'll try to write some sort of program or script to
  translate 0.5 configuration files to the new 0.6 format.

--
Greetings, alo.
http://www.alobbs.com