On 2006-12-09 07:29:08 -0700, Alvaro Lopez Ortega <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> Brian Rosner wrote, On 08/12/06 18:34:
> 
>  > As many of you might think this not error with Cherokee, but poor PHP
>  > configuration, you are wrong.  I did some testing and researching.
>  > What I discovered is that the system variable SYSTEMROOT which is
>  > defined with C:\Windows on my machine needs to be passed into the
>  > environment of the child process that gets spawned for the PHP
>  > execution.  This can be fixed by using putenv("SYSTEMROOT=<Your value
>  > of SYSTEMROOT>"); before any socket connection happen.  To view the
>  > value of SYSTEMROOT use echo %SYSTEMROOT% at the command line.  It
>  > appears that without this fix ALL socket creation is unable to be
>  > established from PHP while running under CGI.
> 
>    Let me check if I understood it right. The phpcgi handler needs to
>    set the SYSTEMROOT environment variable before spawning the PHP
>    process, doesn't it?
> 
>    Actually, if that's the problem, I'll write the patch quickly, and
>    meanwhile there's a workaround: it should work if you use an Env
>    entry in the configuration, like this:
> 
>    Extension php {
>       Handler phpcgi {
>        Env SYSTEMROOT "C:\WINDOWS"
>       }
>    }
> 
>    Brian, thanks for pointing the problem out. :-)

Yeah that is correct.  I created a ticket in the bug database.  
http://www.cherokee-project.com/bugs/ticket/115.  It explains the 
problem in a little better detail.  Also, I didn't even think of that 
workaround, but yeah that would work as well.
-- 
Brian Rosner
http://www.brosner.com


_______________________________________________
Cherokee mailing list
[email protected]
http://cherokee-project.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/cherokee

Reply via email to