Athos wrote, On 10/12/06 23:02:

 > If I write in cherokee.conf --> Chroot / and in my file of
 > virtualhost I write DocumentRoot /var/www/foro, I can see the page
 >
 > If I write in cherokee.conf --> Chroot /var/ and in my file of
 > virtualhost I write DocumentRoot /www/foro, I can't see the page
 >
 > If I write in cherokee.conf --> Chroot /var/www and in my file of
 > virtualhost I write DocumentRoot /foro, I can't see the page
 >
 > If I write in cherokee.conf --> Chroot /var/www/foro and in my file
 > of virtualhost I write DocumentRoot /, I can't see the page
 >
 > Conclusion. I can see the page only if I do a chroot of / which does not
 > have very much felt. Which is the problem?

   A misunderstanding one :-)

   Chroot jails the server right from the beginning, and hence all the
   data that you want you serve *must* be inside that jail. Actually,
   that is the whole point of chroot.

   For instance, lets suppose you use "Chroot /var/www". That path
   would becomes the root directory for the web server, so you'd have
   to configure "Directory /foro" (for /var/www/foro), and of course,
   you couldn't access anything outside /var/www.

   If the server wouldn't behave like that, the chroot facility
   wouldn't make sense at all.

   By the way, the only thing the server can access outside the jail
   are the log files (it uses a little trick to make that possible), so
   you can configure them in /var/log/cherokee if you want to.

   Good luck..

-- 
Greetings, alo.
_______________________________________________
Cherokee mailing list
[email protected]
http://cherokee-project.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/cherokee

Reply via email to