Alvaro Lopez Ortega escribió:
> athos wrote, On 11/12/06 12:20:
>
> >>> Conclusion. I can see the page only if I do a chroot of / which
> >>> does not have very much felt. Which is the problem?
> >>
> >>   A misunderstanding one :-)
> >>
> >>   Chroot jails the server right from the beginning, and hence all the
> >>   data that you want you serve *must* be inside that jail. Actually,
> >>   that is the whole point of chroot.
> >>
> >>   For instance, lets suppose you use "Chroot /var/www". That path
> >>   would becomes the root directory for the web server, so you'd have
> >>   to configure "Directory /foro" (for /var/www/foro), and of course,
> >>   you couldn't access anything outside /var/www.
> >>
> >>   If the server wouldn't behave like that, the chroot facility
> >>   wouldn't make sense at all.
> >>
> >>   By the way, the only thing the server can access outside the jail
> >>   are the log files (it uses a little trick to make that possible), so
> >>   you can configure them in /var/log/cherokee if you want to.
> >>
> > you speak about Directory, but then, what must I put in DefaultRoot
>
>   It depends on what you want to do. Lets imagine this configuration:
>   (I suppose this is something like what you want to use).
>
>     Chroot /var/www/
>     DocumentRoot /
>
>     Directory / {
>       Handler common
>     }
>
>     Extension php {
>       # etc
>     }
>
>   As long as you are defining a Chroot, the complete server world will
>   happen inside that directory (except the log files as I told you in
>   the previous mail); so the DocumentRoot would be the root one.
>
>   You could also define a different Chroot, something like this:
>
>     Chroot /var/
>     DocumentRoot /www/
>
>   It'd work, although it wouldn't make much sense to me.
>
>   I do hope this will help you to have a better understanding on how
>   chroot works.
>
>   Cheers!
>
Ok, understand, now only I still have a doubt:

I have to define chroot in /etc/cherokee/cherokee.conf and DefaultRoot 
in /etc/sites-available/foro. This's right?
I'm using virtual hosting. I deleted /etc/cherokee/sites-available/default


_______________________________________________
Cherokee mailing list
[email protected]
http://cherokee-project.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/cherokee

Reply via email to