Jack L wrote, On 16/02/07 12:47:

 > BTW Alvaro, you mentioned in a previous email that the Cherokee
 > Debian Sarge package may not work for ubuntu Edgy. Does this mean
 > that Cherokee depends on the APIs/LIBs that are sensitive to Linux
 > distributions and their versions?

   No, I meant the package dependencies. The package names and versions
   may be different between Debian Sarge and Ubuntu Edgy.

 > Being a novice Linux user, I'm thinking of installing Cherokee by
 > copying the 3 binary files and a config file from machine to
 > machine, as opposed to downloading source to each machine and
 > building cherokee locally. Would that be possible at all? To be
 > specific, I'm thinking of building it on my ubuntu box and scp the
 > files to redhat.

   I wouldn't do that even if it could work eventually.

   You could compile Cherokee statically to ensure that there won't be
   any problems because a different version of libc or some of the TLS
   libraries. That's the only way in which I suppose you could be kind
   of sure that it would work. However, it'd be a waste of resources
   because of the duplication.

-- 
Greetings, alo.
http://www.alobbs.com
_______________________________________________
Cherokee mailing list
[email protected]
http://cherokee-project.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/cherokee

Reply via email to