Replies to this message are sent to The Chevelle Mailing List
------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, against the suggestions of a professional (muffler shop guy), I ran 
straight pipe (2 1/2" X 3 1/2') into a pair of dynamax mufflers and hung 
them as is. The muffler shop said I had to have the double bend before the 
muffler or it would vibrate. I hung them and checked the clearance and it 
looked good (1/4" all around). I hung the mufflers using long strap hangers 
mounted to the chassis and it vibrates! Really bad at around 1200 to 1500 
RPM and about 35-40 MPH. Sounds mean as hell on take off but when I'm 
cruising it sounds like a WWII plane buzzing down the road. Any input? How 
much clearance do I need? I offset the mufflers by running them so that the 
offset is in front so they sit closer to the driveshaft but it's obviously 
not enough.

Thanks, Scott

71 Malibu 350 (now known as the B-51 bomber)


_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com


-----------------------------------------------------
To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html
To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to