Replies to this message are sent to The Chevelle Mailing List
------------------------------------------------------------

Hi.  I stated the big block that I put in my 71 restoration yesterday.  The
car has an HEI now, and I have read all of the threads about upgrading the
pink wire to something stronger to run the HEI.  I have one more question
about this upgrade.

The new upgraded (formerly pink) lead from the firewall to the HEI Batt has
12 volts while the key is in the start position (the lead is not connected
to the HEI so the engine will not start).  When I crank the car for a few
seconds the voltage at the HEI Batt goes to 9v.  Does that sound normal
while the starter is cranking?

Could someone disconnect the Batt lead from their HEI and put a multimeter
on it and see how the voltage at the distributor acts when the car is
cranked for 3 or 4 seconds?

BTW the 2 or 3 feet of pink (resistor?)16 gauge wire in my new restoration
stock harness has 1.3 ohms resistance total.  Checking a strait piece of
normal wire, my meter read .2 ohms resistance for 3 feet.

We ran the motor a bunch yesterday with open headers.  Makes a lot of noise
but the Pete Jackson noisy cut cam drive is very audible between 1000 and
2000 rpm.

What a neat sound.

Thanks,

Mark, 71SS


-----------------------------------------------------
To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html
To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to