Replies to this message are sent to The Chevelle Mailing List
------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for the info, Tony (and one of these years, I'll catch up with you
again at the Maryland show).
Anyway, I need to amend my original posting, as it appears that my
catalogs are really getting out of date (I must not have spent enough $
the past year on parts!). Last month my Jeg's catalog was too old to
list the 2-chamber Flowmaster mufflers I was looking for & it turns out
that this month my OPG and Year One catalogs are too old enough to show
that they have switched fuel tank suppliers for 69s, at least, as they
both now offer tanks that have filler necks and the original pair of vent
pipes.
While I felt unlucky to discover my problem this AM, I feel lucky now.
Not only did I find some repo tanks with necks (so that I can avoid the
hassle of having a radiator shop having to get involved), but it turns
out that this is the last day of OPG's "at least 10 % off everything in
the catalog sale", so I went ahead and ordered from them a new tank
(which comes with a new sending unit gasket and locking ring), new straps
and new anti-squeak tank-to-straps kit.
Since they don't sell the tank strap nuts and bolts (and mine look old
and rusted enough to have been on the Titanic), I went ahead and ordered
them from Year One. Just need to measure the OD of my tank vent lines
now and then find some hose of that size at a local shop (along with some
new 3/8" and 1/4" hose to mate to the gas line) and I *hope* I'll be all
set h/w-wise.
One question I still have is this: anyone have any recommendations for
anything I should use to coat/paint the tank & straps once I have them
installed on the vehicle?
Jim -69-SS396- H.
ick up some 3/8" and 1/4"
Hopefully
On Fri, 31 Aug 2001 17:00:34 EDT [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> Replies to this message are sent to The Chevelle Mailing List
> ------------------------------------------------------------
>
> I bought my tank from Quanta in Northern Maryland. Nice price, with
> filler
> neck. Good quality.
>
> Tony Gray
> ACES 2114
> TC Gold 185
> Bensalem PA
>
> -----------------------------------------------------
> To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html
> To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
-----------------------------------------------------
To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html
To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]