Replies to this message are sent to The Chevelle Mailing List
------------------------------------------------------------

In a message dated 8/31/2001 7:42:27 PM Eastern Daylight Time, 
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< What do I need to convert from canister to spin-on type oil filter on a 
1958
 Corvette 283 block? A friend of mine says he has an adaptor that I can have,
 but recently there was mention here of putting the adaptor on top of some
 type of tube or something(?). Unfortunately I must have deleted the message,
 and now I wish I hadn't. This weekend I hope to be finishing the motor for
 my 69 El Camino. I sure would hate to realize that I can't get an oil filter
 on it or seize it by not putting the filter on correctly. >>
The adaptor plate bolts right onto the old plate. I think there may be an O 
ring that must go on also but no tube. New adaptors are cheap so if anything 
is missing, pick up a new one.    John, 67SS396   
http://www.geocities.com/grepr

-----------------------------------------------------
To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html
To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to