Replies to this message are sent to The Chevelle Mailing List
------------------------------------------------------------

Brian
   Its subjective.   A  4 dr Impala has limited appeal, but I'm sure that
somewhere, someone is looking for one - Just like dad  had or just like I
drove in HS.  If its a keeper,  I'd paint it in the original color.  But
I'd go first class with the repaint.   Make it take a sharp eye to see
that its redone.     If you are looking to sell soon, i wouldn't paint. 
Potential buyers may/would suspect that the new paint is hiding
something.
rick
On Fri, 31 Aug 2001 18:40:23 -0400 "BRIAN" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
>Replies to this message are sent to The Chevelle Mailing List
>------------------------------------------------------------
>
>Hello all,
>
>I have a question that I'd like to hear your opinions on. Is original 
>better
>than restored. Now let me give you the information. My 66 SS was a no
>brainer it was in such bad shape, but my uncle has a 1965 Impala 4dr 
>that
>has about 80,000 miles on it. It was bought new by my grandfather so 
>the
>originality is not in question. Over the years the car has received a 
>few
>door dings and scratches from rocks and road debris. Is the car in all
>original shape better (meaning for show or sale) than a new paint job 
>in the
>original color? None of the marks can be seen until you are up close 
>and
>looking.
>
>Thanks
>
>Brian
>66 Chevelle SS
>
>
>-----------------------------------------------------
>To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html
>To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

-----------------------------------------------------
To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html
To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to