Replies to this message are sent to The Chevelle Mailing List
------------------------------------------------------------
Honestly I do not know the Value etc of Impalas...other then I sure know
what I LIKE....
My son and I are Working (ok mostly my money and effort) on a pair of 68
Chevelles now ..redoing NOT
restoring to original etc.
However I do own 5 Corvettes and this unrestored/restored/over restored/
(pardon the french) CRAP
is a royal pain... I have seen many "Survivor" Corvettes that are in fact
worth a pile of money
BUT I would not feel like taking a cover off of...I mean they are worn out,
paint so thin you can see
the bonding strips engines that looked like corn could be planted on them
because the dirt is so think etc.
An over restored car with paint overspray etc is another thing...why anyone
would go to the trouble of
matching mistakes done on an assembly line is just beyond me...And I know
about assembly lines
having worked at the Baltimore Fisher Body plant for 2 summers when I was
in college.. in fact it has
become a joke with my son..because one of our Chevelles was built while I
was on the line and I may have
in fact worked on it...who knows who cares...yada yada
I would do a good cleaning and then work on the paint with compound etc...
and then see what you have... As for painting the car...that is up to
you...I personally do not mind (if fact I am) being upside down
(financially) on a car..IF I LOVE THE CAR....and its fun to drive...but
thats me...
Bob Griffiths
At 06:40 PM 8/31/01 -0400, BRIAN wrote:
>Replies to this message are sent to The Chevelle Mailing List
>------------------------------------------------------------
>
>Hello all,
>
>I have a question that I'd like to hear your opinions on. Is original better
>than restored. Now let me give you the information. My 66 SS was a no
>brainer it was in such bad shape, but my uncle has a 1965 Impala 4dr that
>has about 80,000 miles on it. It was bought new by my grandfather so the
>originality is not in question. Over the years the car has received a few
>door dings and scratches from rocks and road debris. Is the car in all
>original shape better (meaning for show or sale) than a new paint job in the
>original color? None of the marks can be seen until you are up close and
>looking.
>
>Thanks
>
>Brian
>66 Chevelle SS
>
>
>-----------------------------------------------------
>To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html
>To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
-----------------------------------------------------
To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html
To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]