Replies to this message are sent to The Chevelle Mailing List
------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, I usually try NPD first (and also OPG & the Paddock), but every once
in awhile I find that Year One sells something that I can't find
elsewhere (like this past month I found that they are the only one I
could find who sells the original gas tank bolts and new fuel socks
without having to buy an entire sending unit - there may be others out
there had them, but if so, I couldn't find anyone after going through my
NPD, OPG, Paddock, Impala Bob, Muscle Factory, Hubbard's, Ausley's,
Obsolete Chevy Parts, Lutty's, etc. catalogs)

        Jim -69-SS396- H.

P.S. And I agree that Year One has never charged me for a catalog (got my
first one for free a few years ago at Spring Carlisle) and their catalog
does have more "info" in it than others'.

On Thu, 18 Oct 2001 21:44:13 -0500 Michael Pell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
writes:
> 
> Replies to this message are sent to The Chevelle Mailing List
> ------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> I couldn't agree more.  I rarely buy from Year One anymore.  Their 
> too
> big for their britches with their attitude.
> 
> You forgot about their shipping charges too.  they'll really put it 
> to
> you.
> 
> Although in their defense, I've only ever paid for 1 of their 
> catalogs,
> 6 or 7 years ago.  They've send me free ones ever since.
> 
> The only reason I suggested them, is that they have a pretty big
> inventory.
> 
> John Nasta wrote:
> > 
> > Replies to this message are sent to The Chevelle Mailing List
> > ------------------------------------------------------------
> > 
> > IMO there is no simple way to "check Year One". Your choices are 
> to pay for
> > a catalog and wait for it to come in the mail, or sit on hold on 
> the
> > telephone until they disconnect you. In other words, your only 
> choice is the
> > former. The latter has happened to me two out of the two times 
> that I've
> > called them. You can only order from their site if you have a part 
> number,
> > and the site is not searchable for parts. AFAIK, the only way to 
> do business
> > with them is to pay for their catalog, wait for it, and then find 
> out
> > whether or not they even have the part you want. This is why I 
> don't do
> > business with them. It's just too difficult, and there are too 
> many other
> > suppliers.
> > 
> > OPG sells window guide rollers:
> > 
> > CC28344 - 1964 lower quarter window roller - $7.95 each
> > CC28068 - 64/65 Chevelle & El Camino door window roller - $4.95 
> each
> > CC28343 - 66/67 Chevelle quarter window roller - $6.95 each
> > CC28076 - 1967 Chevelle lower quarter window roller - $4.95 each
> > CC28065 - 1968 Chevelle lower quarter window roller - $7.95 each
> > CC28078 - 69-72 Chevelle & El Camino door window roller - $9.95 
> each
> > 
> > BTW, the OPG catalog is $0, and they answer their phone when you 
> call
> > (800-CHEVELLE).
> > 
> > You can also try Harmon's (maybe) at 800-851-2433 or harmons.com
> > 
> > or Impala Bob's at 800-IMPALAS or impalas.com
> > 
> > I think both of those deal mostly with interior/exterior trim & 
> body parts
> > though. I'd go w/ OPG myself.
> > 
> > Good luck,
> > John
> > 
> > -----Original Message-----
> > I don't mean to be too obvious, but did you check Year One?  They 
> sell a
> > lot of window parts.
> > 
> > -----------------------------------------------------
> > To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html
> > To start a new topic, send mail to: 
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> 
> -- 
> Check out my webpage at http://www.ProStreetCar.com
> and my For Sale page at 
> http://www.ProStreetCar.com/classifieds.html
> Team Chevelle membership #178 (Gold)
> Time Flies: "It's funny how you can watch a clock and time seems to
> stand still.  But turn away, and you have to measure time with a
> calendar rather than a clock."  mjp
> 
> -----------------------------------------------------
> To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html
> To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> 
________________________________________________________________
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
Juno offers FREE or PREMIUM Internet access for less!
Join Juno today!  For your FREE software, visit:
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.

-----------------------------------------------------
To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html
To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to