I have always adjusted the rocker arms the OLD WAY. I have an old valve cover which I have cut part of the center of the top off. I put this cover on in place of the valve cover. I am assuming that you have a Hydraulic setup. You back off the rocker arms until you hear it clicking then you tighten down 1/2-1 full turn. I go 1/2 then just 1/4 more. You can do this with no cover on it, but you will get oil on the motor and exhaust. One thing you can do is to idle the car down and this will help keep some of the oil off the motor. If you do it without any cover, you need to be fast to keep as much oil off the exhaust as possible. I do not think that you can torque set the rocker arm. I have never heard it done that way.
Keith
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2001 2:27 PM
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-List] Chirpping noise-A Chevelle topic

Hi All'
i have a few lifter tickings going on in my engine as well, im changeing the valve covers and id like to check the torck specs while im at it, anyone know what the torck spec should be? Pound wise? The engine is a 350 bored 30 over, 355 id guess it is now, thanks for any input.
Ken
1972HeavyChevyChevelle

Reply via email to