Replies to this message are sent to The Chevelle Mailing List
------------------------------------------------------------

I do the same. Usually a half-turn, then a slow quarter-turn.

You can also use oil deflector clips that clip over the rocker arms, but you
usually still get oil dripping in the corners of the heads at the least. I
am a big fan of the cut-out valve cover myself, since it gives you more
protection from spillage than the clips.

A tip: make your cut-outs with a cutting wheel or a hacksaw or something
precise. Don't use something crude like a torch. Ideally you want to cut
away just enough to expose the nuts on top of the rocker arms. In a perfect
scenario, you could do it with a drill. Remember that the place where the
oil squirts out is not far from the hole that you're making, so err on the
side of safety and then open up your cut in a few spots if you have to
rather than taking away too much. When you're done, save the cut-out valve
covers, because you or some friend will probably end up using them again.


-----Original Message-----
I have always adjusted the rocker arms the OLD WAY. I have an old valve
cover which I have cut part of the center of the top off. I put this cover
on in place of the valve cover. I am assuming that you have a Hydraulic
setup. You back off the rocker arms until you hear it clicking then you
tighten down 1/2-1 full turn. I go 1/2 then just 1/4 more. You can do this
with no cover on it, but you will get oil on the motor and exhaust. One
thing you can do is to idle the car down and this will help keep some of the
oil off the motor. If you do it without any cover, you need to be fast to
keep as much oil off the exhaust as possible. I do not think that you can
torque set the rocker arm. I have never heard it done that way.



-----------------------------------------------------
To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html
To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to