----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2001 6:30
AM
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-List] Big block
bypass hose?
The primary reason is to allow water to circulate through the
block while the engine is warming up. This allows the water to heat
evenly, avoiding "hot spots".
I've been told numerous times that one or two 1/8" holes in the
thermostat will allow the water to circulate enough to avoid any
problems. This is the solution I went for. With the RPM
Air Gap manifold, I couldn't get a hose to fit anyway....
One thing I don't understand though, is why small blocks are any
different. Why didn't they have a bypass?
take care,
396guy wrote:
That's always an option. I've seen
plenty of bbc's with the hose blocked off. Makes you wonder though
if GM thought it was necessary, there must be a reason for
it.Dale
Thanks for all the
help gang. Mike's got me thinking about blocking it off altogether. I'll
discuss it with the engine builder and see what he says.Josh Gin
(NoNeck) Visit my Chevelle website www.NoNecksChevelle.com
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, December 03, 2001
10:56 PM
Subject: RE: [Chevelle-List] Big
block bypass hose?
Autozone has it
by Kelly_Springfield under part number 3002 or Goodyear #63394.
I'm sure any auto parts store should carry
them.Dale
Can anybody tell me which hose size the bypass hose is on
the big block? Is it the 3/4 or the 5/8 ?I'm going to order new
fittings and can't remember which is which.I used a piece of regular
hose last time and need to order the correct, pre-bent bypass hose
this time around. Thanks!Josh Gin (NoNeck)
Visit my Chevelle website www.NoNecksChevelle.com
--
Check out my webpage at http://www.ProStreetCar.com
and my For Sale page at http://www.ProStreetCar.com/classifieds.html
Team Chevelle membership #178 (Gold)
Time Flies: "It's
funny how you can watch a clock and time seems to
stand
still. But turn away, and you have to measure time with a
calendar rather than a clock." mjp