I posted this on TC, but there seems to be a lot of folks online today and
maybe I can get a quicker answer.

I'm installing a Mallory Unilite in my 67 Elky and have some questions.  The
instructions say that if you have a resistance wire going from the coil (+)
to the ignition switch a separate ballast resistor is not required - just
hook the red wire up to the coil.  I have the braided resistance wire in the
original loom but it's 34 years old.  Mallory's instructions show that if a
ballast resistor is required, its red wire [b]and[/b] the ignition switch
wire run through the resistor.  Since the Elky does not have the external
resistor, would it be a smart move to leave the original resistance wire
attached to the coil [b]and[/b] install a separate ballast resistor inline
with the red Mallory wire to the coil (+)?  If so, are all ballast resistors
the same resistance, i.e., generic?

Dale McIntosh
ACES #1709/TC #92 Gold
67 SS/67 Elky
http://www.dalesplace.com

<<attachment: winmail.dat>>

Reply via email to