Replies to this message are sent to The Chevelle Mailing List
------------------------------------------------------------

Brian,
     I called my harness Less than Painless.  As long as you know what you are 
getting into before hand it isn't that bad.  I picked up the GM Musclecar 
harness from Painless.  It is a universal kit with a few GM 
connections(ignition switch).  There were several components that were not 
included.  
I reused my tailight section wiring and power windows/locks because it was not 
included.  Getting my 70 turn/hazard/running lights all to work was a geussing 
game.
I picked up their relay kits for Fuel pump and electric fans  
The kit called for a white wire to trigger the alternator but there were none 
to be found..I converted to one wire.  
One thing that you will especially like is the 3rd brake light wire as well as 
4x4 wiring.  
Overall the kit isn't bad.  Just understand that it will involve some work.  
You will probably need to contact tech support when you find out that some of 
the wire codes have changed.
Walt




>===== Original Message From [EMAIL PROTECTED] =====
>Replies to this message are sent to The Chevelle Mailing List
>------------------------------------------------------------
>
>Have any of you re-wired your car using a Painless Wiring Harness? I am
>considering getting the 18 circuit universal harness. All the wiring an
>harnesses in my car we're shot, when it was in the field where I found it I
>guess the mice took care of them. I'd like to hear about others experiences
>both positive and negative. Thanks!
>
>Brian
>1966 Chevelle SS
>ACES #3475
>
>
>
>
>-----------------------------------------------------
>To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html
>To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Walter Bainey
Network Engineer
Network Services
Kent State University


-----------------------------------------------------
To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html
To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to