Tom .......this book tells you what the original stock appearance should be for the car according to year (correct colours,parts etc) .......it is more for a concourse type show car , it is not a how to retsore your car .... the by the numbers books will give you the part id numbers for drive trains , engines, interoir codes etc......it also is not a how to book.........if you want a how to book look elsewhere.
 
I have Herds book and I find it interesting to go through but I have not really used it much since I am not going for a correct numbers matching type of auto........the info I got out of how to restore your collector car by tom brownell was much more informative for me..
 
Mel
67 Malibu SS 
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2001 12:33 PM
Subject: [Chevelle-List] restoration guides..

does anybody know much about a book, Chevelle SS Restoration Guide/1964-1972  by Paul Herd? i just bought  a 67 SS-396 and i'm going to get it next week but i'm going to have to finish it, as it's being painted right now..i'm wondering how helpful would the restoration book be to a near novice..i owned a 67 SS a long time ago and have been looking for one for the last ten years and finally got one but i've got a lot of work to do on it when i get it..does anyone know a good restoration shop in the phoenix or tucson area..i'm guessing that i'll need a lot of help at some point..thanks.. tom purtzer

Reply via email to