Replies to this message are sent to The Chevelle Mailing List ------------------------------------------------------------
>but I get a shock from the button every time. I guess that kinda discourages the use of the horn! I don't remember any ground wires in the steering column for the horn. Seems to me that a hot wire comes to the horn button. When the horn button is pushed, the contact is made to complete the circuit, and the wire from the horn button to the horns is then hot, causing the loud noise in the front of the car. I would think that your horn button is not insulated properly. My Grant horn button has a rubber ring that insulates the button. I'd suggest you look to see what happens when you push the button. Is the horn button housing directly against the brass/copper ring that makes the connection? If so, then I'd think that would be a bad thing. The horn button itself should be getting any juice. (obviously, I know, I know). :-)) Hopefully this is at least a little helpful. 396guy wrote: > I'm trying to get the horn to work in my 67 Elky. It didn't work when I > bought it but I think that was due to rust/corrosion on the horn ring. I > purchased a Lecarra wheel with a Billet Specialties adapter. I've solved > the problem of depressing the plunger in the steering column and the horn > works, but I get a shock from the button every time. I know there should be > a ground somewhere, but where? I've posted some pics of my problem at > http://www.lcisp.com/396guy/horn.htm if someone could take a look and tell > me where a ground is suppose to connect - if there is one. > > Appreciate it, > Dale McIntosh > ACES #1709/TC #92 Gold > 67 SS/67 Elky > http://www.dalesplace.com > > ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > Name: winmail.dat > winmail.dat Type: application/ms-tnef > Encoding: base64 -- Check out my webpage at http://www.ProStreetCar.com and my For Sale page at http://www.ProStreetCar.com/classifieds.html Team Chevelle membership #178 (Gold) Time Flies: "It's funny how you can watch a clock and time seems to stand still. But turn away, and you have to measure time with a calendar rather than a clock." mjp ----------------------------------------------------- To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

