Replies to this message are sent to The Chevelle Mailing List
------------------------------------------------------------

I recently did had to do this on my '66 when I replaced the steering wheel.
The center column is not grounded.   Found out a couple of months ago on
this list that the factory had this jumper.  It made me feel better 'cause I
thought I had "rigged" my horn when I'd added the jumper.  I used 16 gauge
over the rag joint.  Works great.
 
Darrell Spencer
Cave Creek, AZ  (cold today @ 50 deg)
'70 Malibu
'66 Elky

-----Original Message-----
From: 396guy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 16 December, 2001 5:27 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [Chevelle-List] Horns of a dilemma


So it's as simple as running a jumper wire from one side of the rag joint to
the other?  Can't be that easy, can it?  What gauge would you recommend; 10,
12, 14?  Now if I can just find a couple of eye connectors to fit over the
3/8"(?) bolts.
 
Dale
 
 

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of RKoletzke
Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2001 5:23 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-List] Horns of a dilemma


the rag joint acts as an insulator there should be a short wire or braided
wire from one side of the rag joint over the rag joint to the other side of
the rag joint -- the wire in the steering wheel is a ground wire that when
horn button is pushed completes a ground to the horn relay making relay
supply + 12 volts to the horns
 
Bob K

----- Original Message ----- 
From: 396guy <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  
Sent: Sunday, December 16, 2001 3:51 PM
Subject: RE: [Chevelle-List] Horns of a dilemma

Could have been...  Since the steering column/rag joint turns, where would a
ground strap go?  Maybe I'm just confused on the terms used.
 
Dale

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 
Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2001 2:14 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-List] Horns of a dilemma


dale: 
wasn't there a link sometime back about a ground strap near the end of the
steering column? 
                        larry 


-----------------------------------------------------
To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html
To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to