Replies to this message are sent to The Chevelle Mailing List
------------------------------------------------------------

I guess I've looked at about all the bumper options. I bought new
REPRO front and rear bumpers for my '66 convert, and will probably do
the same when the hardtop comes together.

I bought both at car shows / swap meets. With something this visible,
I wanted to be able to eyeball them before ordering sight unseen from
some place far away.

I am happy with each. The chrome plating is nice and even, and they
fit good. I have been told there are at least two different
manufacturers of repro bumpers for our cars, and that one is pretty
chinsy, and the other pretty good. My advice is to make arrangements
for one to be brought to a show, and look it over.

Jim     ACES # 2020     2 - '66 SS's
>
> Replies to this message are sent to The Chevelle Mailing List
> ------------------------------------------------------------
>
> I thought that I remember this list talking about bumpers before. If
I
> remember correctly, the discussion was that  the bumper by Ashley,
OPG,Etc.
> were good looking units but the metal was thinner than stock. Some
replies
> to the discussion were to rechrome your old bumper even if the cost
was
> more. If Bumper Boyz are true factory replacement with the same
metal
> thickness as a stock one,that price may not be too bad. The three
items to
> look at when replacing a chrome bumper would be the chrome job(was
it chrome
> correctly and will not chip,or start rusting under the chrome),the
metal
> thickness and the mounting (If the mounting hole etc. are correct
for your
> year car and the installation is not a problem like some replacement
> parts,i.e. inner fenders etc.)
> Keith
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Richard Milkiewicz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2002 8:54 AM
> Subject: Re: [Chevelle-List] Buying a bumper at Spring Carlisle
>
>
> >
> > Replies to this message are sent to The Chevelle Mailing List
> > ------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> >  Jim, I was at the Michigan State Fair grounds for a swap meet
this past
> > week-end and "BUMPER BOYZ" were there. Their quality looked very
good. I
> > haven't looked at other bumpers as I'm not in the market. I get my
old
> ones
> > repaired and replated. For the price of one bumper and another 50
to 75
> > dollars I can get both of mine done. A bumper for your '69 cost
$240
> > exchange.(front or rear). $295 with no exchange. These are factory
> bumpers.
> > Seems a little high for me. But again, they are excelent in
quality. Check
> > their web site......  www.bumperboyz.com
> > Rich
> > ----- Original Message -----
> > From: "Jim R Hunter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2002 9:21 PM
> > Subject: [Chevelle-List] Buying a bumper at Spring Carlisle
> >
> >
> > >
> > > Replies to this message are sent to The Chevelle Mailing List
> > > ------------------------------------------------------------
> > >
> > > I'm going to be looking for a new front bumper for my 69 at
Spring
> > > Carlisle.  Anyone know a list of vendors who sell bumpers who
will be in
> > > attendance? (e.g. Year One, OPG, NPD, Paddock?).
> > >
> > > Do any of them allow you to order ahead of time by phone and
then pick
> up
> > > the bumper there to cut shipping costs? (or is it all pretty
much pot
> > > luck and/or "1st-come, 1st-served" in terms of hoping one of the
vendors
> > > still has a bumper for your car when you get to them?).
> > >
> > > Jim -69-SS396- H.
> > > ________________________________________________________________
> > > GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
> > > Juno offers FREE or PREMIUM Internet access for less!
> > > Join Juno today!  For your FREE software, visit:
> > > http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.
> > >
> > > -----------------------------------------------------
> > > To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html
> > > To start a new topic, send mail to: chevelle-
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > >
> >
> >
> > -----------------------------------------------------
> > To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html
> > To start a new topic, send mail to: chevelle-
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >
>
>
>
> -----------------------------------------------------
> To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html
> To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>



-----------------------------------------------------
To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html
To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to