Replies to this message are sent to The Chevelle Mailing List
------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of mounting & balancing, I have at times taken some used tires and 
mounted them myself on rims I have lying around.  I have a tire mount machine 
in my garage.  I did this when I ran the 70 and my 86 Cutlass at the track.  
I drove the car there and home, and even to work a few days b/c I didn't have 
time to change them.  I never had a problem with vibration.  All i did was 
remove all the weights that were on the rim, mount the tire, air it up, put 
it on the car, and race all night.  No vibrations upward of 120 mph (trap 
speed was actually 113 mph) on the chevelle.  I've mounted I say about 10 
pairs (20 total tires) in my garage without having them balanced.

Tom

-----------------------------------------------------
To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html
To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to