Dwight,

Thanks, but I have the assembly manual for 1970.  As you say it doesn't have quite the 
level of detail I'd like.  I get
the impression that since the shifter is cable operated, it really doesn't matter 
where it's located exactly, and the
guys at the factory had some latitude in placing the whole console assembly.  I hate 
things like that :-)

Thanks

Gary

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dwight Fulton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "chevelle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, September 28, 2002 1:47 AM
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-List] Console Shifter Mounting


Gary  I have a Factory assembly manual for 72's & while it doesn't show exact hole 
locations it may be helpful to you. I
can make copies and fax them to you if you have access to a fax machine.

Dwight
----- Original Message -----
From: Gary Treible
Sent: Friday, September 27, 2002 11:30 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Chevelle-List] Console Shifter Mounting

I'm getting ready to put an AT console shifter in my 1970 Chevelle.  I'm a
bit aprehensive about getting it properly located.  Does anyone have the
hole locations from a factory car?  I can see the dimple where the cable
goes through the floor, but that's all I've got.

Wanting to measure twice and drill once in PA.



-----------------------------------------------------
To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html
To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] more from the Web.  
FREE MSN Explorer download :
http://explorer.msn.com



-----------------------------------------------------
To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html
To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to