I went through this when I converted my '70 to factory floor shift.  It's
actually pretty intuitive where the placement goes.  The shifter frame fits
with the contours of the trans tunnel pretty well.  Shuffle it around until
it 'seats' itself.  Keeping that in mind, align the shifter's cutout for the
cable to the stamping in the tunnel and that's pretty much it.  Just for
giggles, you might want to lay the console over it, complete with the
shifter cover portion just to confirm everything lines up.

I remember being apprehensive before taking this plunge myself.

Darrell Spencer
Cave Creek, AZ (car season again!)
'70 Malibu
'66 El Camino

-----Original Message-----
From: Gary Treible [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, September 27, 2002 4:58 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Chevelle-List] Console Shifter Mounting


I'm getting ready to put an AT console shifter in my 1970 Chevelle.  I'm a
bit aprehensive about getting it properly located.  Does anyone have the
hole locations from a factory car?  I can see the dimple where the cable
goes through the floor, but that's all I've got.

Wanting to measure twice and drill once in PA.



-----------------------------------------------------
To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html
To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]


***************************** 
This communication may contain information that is proprietary, privileged,
confidential or legally exempt from disclosure.  If you are not a named
addressee, you are notified that you are not authorized to read, print,
retain, copy or disseminate this communication without the consent of the
sender and that doing so may be unlawful. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the sender via return e-mail and
delete it from your computer. Thank you. St. Jude Medical, Inc. 
*****************************

-----------------------------------------------------
To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html
To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to