If
that meter you are using has a current or "amp" setting, disconnect one of the
battery cables and put one lead on the battery terminal and the other on the
lead you just took off. That should show you if there is any current flowing
from the battery through the circuits. Make sure the door is closed and you
don't have a light under the hood that's on to throw you
off.
I'd
double check that your charging system is charging. Measure voltage at the
battery when the car is running. It should be above 12 volts and usually above
14 volts. If your belts are squealing when you give it gas your belt may not be
tight enough to keep from slipping when your alternator is tying to
charge.
Go out
in your garage at night and turn off the lights with the car in there or if it's
outside turn off outside lights and see if you see anything or hear
anything on that shouldn't be.
Feel
any electronics to see if it's warm.
That
should get you started.
Steve
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of John W. Lonadier, Jr.
Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2003 11:33 AM
To: Chevelle Net
Subject: [Chevelle-List] Battery DrainingTo begin with before I did the cam swap I had a dead battery, I attributed it to not being used regularly. Brought it to AutoZone, it's a three year free replacement, had them check it out and they said it was bad and they gave me another. I did not put it in the car until after I finished with the cam swap. When I connected the positive terminal I thought I saw a slight spark. Fired it up and did the cam break in yesterday then took it out for a little spin, couldn't wait to get her on the road again, parked her about 1:00 pm to lay down for a short nap because I had to work the night shift last night. When I came home this morning I was going to fire her up again, LOVE THE SOUND OF THOSE FLOWMASTER SERIES 40'S, but the battery was dead again with no blown fuses. I hooked up my continuity meter to the battery cable connectors but the meter showed no short throughout the entire electrical system. Leaving the meter hooked up I opened the door and tried a few other switches, ignition switch, etc. and the meter showed completed loops every time. Any help would be greatly appreciated but I will have to read the responses later as it it time for me to get some sleep because I have to back to work tonight.Thanks in advance,John L.ACES #559770 SS 454LS5 CLONE

