Title: Message
|
What
kind of carb are you running Dan? I would think you'd want a quadrajet or
fuel injection with hydraulics. That's the 2 best choices for
off-roading. I would think the same principles apply.
Rodney.
71
Chevelle
El
Mirage, AZ
my car wants to stall when I hit the switch to
raise the front up..
Didnt used to do that, until I "retarded" my
timing to about 8 degrees BTDC...
Maybe I'll bump it back up...
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, August 22, 2003 6:59
PM
Subject: RE: [Chevelle-list] awful
quiet in here
I
had this problem with a dirty fuel filter, but it was upon braking.
I've also had the problem as the fuel pump is about to go out. This
may not be what your problem is, but I thought I'd throw it out there.
Rodney.
71
Chevelle
El
Mirage, AZ
Ok - here is a recent Chevelle problem.
'71 Malibu 350, 4 speed, with new Edelbrock 1405 Carb, Performer
EPS intake, stock fuel pump, in-line Edelbrock fuel filter. The setup runs
great, idles great at 600 RPM, pulls almost 20" of vacuum at idle, nice
and smooth. The problem I'm having is that the car stalls when I turn
relatively sharply (a 90 degree turn), usually left. I also noticed that I
can swerve the car left and get the same effect (car almost stalls).
The car restarts ok after cranking awhile, and/or pumping the gas, making
be believe it's a gas starvation problem. The carb has side-hung bowls. Is
this a known problem with Edelbrock carbs, or is there something else
going on?
Tom Tomlinson
I was wondering that also. Talk, talk, talk, then
NOTHING. Wake up fella's!!!
James
Do you Yahoo!? Yahoo!
SiteBuilder - Free, easy-to-use web site design
software
_______________________________________________ Chevelle-list
mailing
list [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://chevelles.net/mailman/listinfo/chevelle-list_chevelles.net
|
_______________________________________________
Chevelle-list mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://chevelles.net/mailman/listinfo/chevelle-list_chevelles.net