Title: Message
Honestly I don't know why you'd want one.  GM did have a lot of suits about the mounts and that was a quick fix.  It affected all small and big block Chevrolets back to 1958 when they went to the side mounts.   It wasn't long before they (or the aftermarket) added the safety tabs on the mounts to alleviate the problem...mounts still broke but at least now they were restrained.

Dale McIntosh
TC Gold #92/ACES #1709/NECOA #41
67SS/67 Elky
Dale’s Place – My 67 SS and 67 El Camino
ChevelleStuff – Decoding info on 64-72 Chevelles
Team 67 – 1967 Chevelle/El Camino Specific
Midwest Chevelles – Midwest Chevelle Show Information

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2003 10:25 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Chevelle-list] Motor mount locks

I'm not sure if that's what they call them but here is my question.    Back in the late 60's Chevy had trouble with motor mounts breaking.  They came up with a device that attached to the engine in front of the exhaust manifold  and attached to the frame with a piece of wire cable in between.  What are they worth?  I know of one and it's for sale and I was wondering what to offer for the not made any more part, at least that's what I was told.   Thank you for any help you can give.    Bob K. 71 Elky. 

Reply via email to