Andre

I've taken the nose off a few times myself. The best way ( I think) is to keep it in 
one piece. here is a way to do it.

     1). remove the hood. but mark or scribe around the hood 
         hinges 1st. It will help line the hood up later.

     1A). remove the radiator.

     2). unbolt a bolt at the top rear of each fender. its in 
          the cowl area.  IIRC

     3). there is also a bolt behind/under the hood hinge

     4). there is 1 or 2 bolts at the bottom of the rear of 
        the fender. these are the hardest due to rust. use 
        lots of penetrating oil.

     5). there is one body/bolt combo at the front of the 
         fender by or next to the radiator support.

      6). remove the wireing harness as it hooks to the 
          firewall. Its like a 5/16 bolt.

     7). check for wiper hoses and such before you pull !!!!

     8). USE LOTS OF TAGS AND TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES!!!!! SAVE ALL SHIMS AND KEEP THEM 
WITH EACH BOLT OR FUTURE ALIGNMENT WILL BE A PITA. !!!!!!

I would not remove the nose if there is a lot of rust and large holes in the lower 
rear  fenders. You will only make thing worse.

But once the nose is off, there is tons of room to work and clean everything up.

hope this gets you going....I hope I didn't miss anything

Bill C

an assembly manual will show this better, but if you check it out, you'll be able to 
do it. Get a freind to help pull it off. It will come up a little, then forward and 
you tilt the rear up and over the wheels. 

Reply via email to