Well guys, the Chevelle is off to the body shop today! I have spent all my spare time the last few weeks getting her stripped down and ready to go. The engine/trans is out, all the front sheetmetal is off, wiring, interior, windows...everything is off the car. Got her loaded up on a trailer and ready to go to the resto. shop this afternoon.

The plan (if all goes smoothly today) is drop the body off at the shop and take the chassis home with me. Then tomorrow the body is going to the chemical stripper for a bath. Hopefully, by Friday I can go see the end result of the dip and figure out all that needs to be done. While the body shop is doing their thing, I'll be doing the resto. on the frame, upgrade the suspension and brakes, and reinstall the powertrain. Then take it back to the body shop for the body to be reassembled.

After listening to all the body shop horror stories on this list, I'm a bit nervous about it and have my fingers crossed I've picked the right man for the job. He seems to be on the up and up. And he came highly recommended. I will definitely get everything in writing, but are there any other pointers or words of wisdom from any of you that have been through this? Any and all comments are appreciated!

Thanks,
Matt





Reply via email to