Thanks for the replies guys. I actually fudged it up... looking for 9.5" backing plates
 
Brian: Thanks for the reply, but the fullsizes use a slightly larger 10" drum I believe. So I know the Imp/caprice is out... not sure on the bel air what size it has in the back. The 9.5's are actually the stock size on most late 60's and early 70's mid sizes.. A-bodys included.
 
Fred: 500 is sure a grip to pay for rear drums, but I suppose that is the 11" upgrade I was looking at for a bit.
 
Thanks
Mikey
----- Original Message -----
From: Fred Dowaliby
Sent: Saturday, May 08, 2004 9:30 PM
To: The Chevelle Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] Backing plates
 
Mikey,

I just put a set of 11" on my '68 10 bolt. Got a complete bolt on kit
from Master Power Brakes. They are

www.mpbrakes.com and tel # is 888-251-2353.

My kit was  DR1700K, and included 11x2" finned drums, and complete
backing plates with kevlar ceramic shoes.

Cost was $495/pr. Haven't driven yet so can't comment on performance.

Hope this helps,

Fred


On May 8, 2004, at 9:16 PM, Capt Crunch wrote:

> Posted it up on TC, but am looking for a set of 11" backing plates for
> the older style GM rear axles. Looking to upgrade to larger drums out
> back. If anyone knows where I can purchase these new or used let me
> know. Thanks.
>
> Mikey

Reply via email to