Thanks Gene for the links and info-  You know what's
odd is, they all look square/plumb/parallel whatever
you wanna call it in your pics, not offset like I'd
thought.  I'll have to do more research I think..

Regards,

Jim

--- Gene's General Restoration Parts
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>  Hope this helps,
> 
> This is the style of brackets I am familiar with
> that Goodmark makes, they 
> are just like original.
>
http://www.goodmarkindustries.com/grphx/GM%20Car%20Photos/4031-507-66S.jpg
> 
> Here is a pic w/ them installed, I believe this is
> the RH side as if you are 
> sitting in the back seat
>
http://www.goodmarkindustries.com/grphx/GM%20Car%20Photos/4031-507-66S%20Installed.jpg
> 
> Here is a bigger pic of the floor to compare and get
> your bearings from,
>
http://www.goodmarkindustries.com/grphx/GM%20Car%20Photos/4030-500-64LR%20COLOR.jpg
> 
> Thanks,
> Gene Smith
> a.k.a. usa1chevelleguy
> 
> Visit my Home Page or eBay Store for deals on
> restoration parts from Gene's 
> General Store
>         www.genesgeneralrestorationparts.com or Toll
> Free 866-347-2181
>                      Mon. - Fri. 8a.m. - 6p.m. EST
>                              Closed Weekends
>                              FAX 260-495-9240
> 
> 
> 
> ----- Original Message ----- 
> From: "J. Brady" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: "The Chevelle Mailing List"
> <[email protected]>
> Sent: Monday, April 11, 2005 8:41 AM
> Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] bucket seat tracks
> 
> 
> > Hi Gene,
> >
> > I used a pair that I got from OPG or one of those
> guys
> > some time back when I put them in, and they
> already
> > had the studs mounted in them.  I don't remember
> there
> > being a specific location for them being apparent
> on
> > the floor-  However, my car originally came w/a
> bench
> > seat.
> >
> > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Jim
> >
> > --- Gene's General Restoration Parts
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>  Are you using the factory style mounting bracket
> >> that welds to the floor
> >> pan? They are formed to fit the floor in the
> correct
> >> spots and are cheap
> >> compared to the time it takes to make some from
> >> scratch.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Gene Smith
> >> a.k.a. usa1chevelleguy
> >>
> >> Visit my Home Page or eBay Store for deals on
> >> restoration parts from Gene's
> >> General Store
> >>         www.genesgeneralrestorationparts.com or
> Toll
> >> Free 866-347-2181
> >>                      Mon. - Fri. 8a.m. - 6p.m.
> EST
> >>                              Closed Weekends
> >>                              FAX 260-495-9240
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> ----- Original Message ----- 
> >> From: "J. Brady" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >> To: "Chevelle Group"
> <[email protected]>
> >> Sent: Monday, April 11, 2005 7:52 AM
> >> Subject: [Chevelle-list] bucket seat tracks
> >>
> >>
> >> > Hi guys-
> >> >
> >> > When I installed my bucket seats in my '66, I
> >> thought
> >> > the tracks were supposed to be parallel and at
> the
> >> > same location-  Here's how I installed the
> seats:
> >> >
> >> >     I  I
> >> >     I  I
> >> >     I  I
> >> >
> >> > However, after installing them, I found out
> they
> >> are
> >> > actually supposed to be offset, like this:
> >> >
> >> >     I
> >> >     I  I
> >> >     I  I
> >> >        I
> >> >
> >> > My question is, can someone tell me how much
> >> further
> >> > forward the one track should be from the other?
> >> I'm
> >> > off today, and plan to work on them while I'm
> >> home.
> >> >
> >> > Thanks,
> >> >
> >> > Jim
> >> >
> >> >
> >> >
> >> > '59 Corvette #5366
> >> > 1959 Corvette Registry, Webmaster
> >> > http://59vette.cjb.net
> >> >
> >> >
> >> >
> >> > __________________________________
> >> > Do you Yahoo!?
> >> > Yahoo! Small Business - Try our new resources
> >> site!
> >> > http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/resources/
> >> >
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >
> >
> >
> > __________________________________
> > Do you Yahoo!?
> > Yahoo! Small Business - Try our new resources
> site!
> > http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/resources/
> > 
> 
> 
> 



                
__________________________________ 
Yahoo! Mail Mobile 
Take Yahoo! Mail with you! Check email on your mobile phone. 
http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail 

Reply via email to