|
Michael, Would it not be easier to install the bell
housing first to the engine and then the trans? I can't say that I've ever tried
what you are attempting. I may be missing something you are dealing with that
didn't come across in your post. On spline alignment. I'm sure you are using an
alignment tool. They will get you close. Once the pilot bearing makes contact
with the shaft, you can have someone compress the clutch and the trans should
slip on in. If your clutch is not hooked up use a large adjustable wrench for
leverage on the fork to compress. Also, don't forget to use a liberal amount of
sealant on the shaft end that flushes with the trans facing and butts to the
bellhousing. It will leak here if not.Hope this helps and I'm not
misunderstanding what you are dealing with.
Mike
|
- Re: [Chevelle-list] 66 SS--progress so far Mike Holleman
- Re: [Chevelle-list] 66 SS--progress so far Michael Heiser
- Re: [Chevelle-list] 66 SS--progress so far John
- Re: [Chevelle-list] 66 SS--progress so far Michael Heiser
- RE: [Chevelle-list] 66 SS--progress so far Herb Lumpp
- Re: [Chevelle-list] 66 SS--progress so far meisterkcel
- [Chevelle-list] Tubular A-arms Trooper
- RE: [Chevelle-list] Tubular A-arms Herb Lumpp
- RE: [Chevelle-list] Tubular A-arms Brad Waller
- Re: [Chevelle-list] Tubular A-arms D.R. Jones
- Re: [Chevelle-list] Tubular A-arms Clint Hooper

