Thanks Clint. I will call them tomorrow!
Dan
-----Original Message-----
From: Clint Hooper [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, November 08, 2005 5:48 PM
To: The Chevelle Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] Kumho
http://www.coilsprings.com/ is their website address. The owner has a
couple of nice A-bodies so he knows them well.
Coilover shock advantages usually include the ability to easily change
corner weights,ride height,good units have compression & rebound dampening
adjustment capability,and spring changes are easier & cheaper. Coilovers are
probably overkill on most streetcars,though.
There was a huge discussion on the ZR1Net awhile back about Redline
products. Since I don't own a ZR-1 anymore,I'm not sure I saved the
discussion in my archives. If I find it,I'll post a link.
Clint Hooper
H&H Custom,owner
1969 El Camino ProTourer
2001 H-D FLHR custom bagger
http://dalesplace.com/misc/friends/clint/clint_hooper.htm
----- Original Message -----
From: "Dan Mascheck" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Clint do you have Coil Spring Specialties website, email address or phone
> number?
> What do you really gain with coil overs other than height adjustments for
> drag racing. Considering I may race the car once in a while. I'm not so
sure
> it's an important feature. If I'm wrong, enlighten me.
> Clint do you have any data I can see online about the Redline Oil. I am
> interested. Royal Purple is not cheap either, but....I am interested if
> something can be proved to be better!
> Dan
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Clint Hooper [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Sent: Monday, November 07, 2005 6:23 PM
> To: The Chevelle Mailing List
> Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] Kumho
>
> I haven't been impressed with both sets of QA1 single-adjustable coilovers
> I've run on my 69. Their double-adjustables might be a lot better,as they
> should,but their extra expense is a minus. I've heard no input about
> them,though.
> If it were my car,Dan,I would have Coil Spring Specialties build me a pair
> of custom front springs and use some high-quality shocks. Just think you
> would be much happier. No sense running coilovers for your application.
> Clint Hooper
> H&H Custom,owner
> 1969 El Camino ProTourer
> 2001 H-D FLHR custom bagger
> http://dalesplace.com/misc/friends/clint/clint_hooper.htm
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Dan Mascheck" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>
> > Not many miles for each tire, but if you don't drive it often. If it's a
> > daily driver...YIKES!(GRIN)
> >
> > I called KONI today wanting to find out if they make coil over shocks.
> > Global West said no for my 72 Chevelle. Well KONI said no as well. I'm
> > wondering if I should just stick with a more stock suspension and use
the
> > KONI's. I do plan on upgrading to Global West A arms, but I have never
> been
> > crazy about QA1s even if they are double adjustable. Any suggestions for
> > something that will work with the Global West A arms? Or just stick with
> the
> > plain Jane and use KONIs. I probably will use the car for cruising.
Maybe
> a
> > time or two at the strip, but it will be few!
> >
> > They were talking to me about using taller spindles, but with my headers
> > being low, I'm unsure how much I can lower the car. They talked about it
> > only lowering the car 1". It doesn't sound like much. For now I will
keep
> my
> > 15" Rims!
> >
> > Any ideas will be appreciated!!
> >
> > Dan Mascheck
> >
> >
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Clint Hooper [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Sent: Sunday, November 06, 2005 5:38 PM
> > To: The Chevelle Mailing List
> > Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] Kumho
> >
> > I've never ran Nittos because they don't make anything big enough for my
> El
> > Camino. But,the feedback I've gotten from many people is they are hard
to
>
> > beat for the money. Nice tread patterns,too.
> > I installed Kumhos on my car because they had the cheapest 335's on the
> > market. My V700's are basically a DOT race tire. They stick like crazy
but
> > with a treadwear rating of 100,are only good for around 10,000 miles.
> > Clint Hooper
> > H&H Custom,owner
> > 1969 El Camino ProTourer
> > 2001 H-D FLHR custom bagger
> > http://dalesplace.com/misc/friends/clint/clint_hooper.htm
> > ----- Original Message -----
> > From: "Dan Mascheck" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >
> >
> > > Clint, Do you like Kumho tires better than Nitto?
> > > Dan
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>