  From: Rick Schaefer
  To: chevelle-list@chevelles.net
  Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2007 2:37 PM
  Subject: [Chevelle-list] Fender-Door Gap Adjustment

      I'm finally getting round to try to even out the door to fender gap on my
72 elky.   Both sides are equally bad, a good gap at the bottom & then widen
out significantly at the top.     I believe that the doors are hung straight
because the door to rear quarter panels have an even gap.     Pictures are at
link below.

  http://www.flickr.com/photos/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/sets/72157601417827062/

  It appears to me that the same adjustment is out of whack on both sides, but
which one?    I've never messed with the panels so want to get some advice
before I loosen the fenders.

   Is it possible that frame sag is pulling the front of both fenders in?   The
body & core support bushings were replaced with poly about 10 years ago.
Honestly I don't remember if I had the problem before it was painted (years ago
also).  Painter did take the fenders & doors offback then.
  thank you.
  --
  Rick Schaefer
  72 TPI El Camino