  From: Rick Schaefer
  Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2007 10:16 PM
  Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] Fender-Door Gap Adjustment

         Took a good look at all that you have mentioned.  Problems everywhere!
   The door to rocker gaps are incorrect.  Both sides are tilted slightly back
towards the rear.    The drivers side core support bushing looks like it has an
extra washer or 2 under it - compared to passenger side.   The drivers fender
bolt at the hood hinge has 2 shims and the passenger side looks like it has 2
plus a thinner shim.

    From Mikes answer I'd guess that the first order of business is to square
the doors.    Is there a way to be certain that the problem is not sloppy
hinges?      The painter rebuilt one side & replaced the other when it was
painted but its been a while.     Also it looks like it would be a bunch easier
to remove the fenders to make the hinge adjustments.  True?

  Thats enough questions for tonite, anymore & I'll get confused/more confused.
 Thanx.