Brad,

I didn't think about VIN providing some insight on the actual year.  I
was hoping the motor was a diamond in the rough but it's just as well.
It will get the car around town until its replaced. Thanks, Tom

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Brad Olson
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2007 7:10 PM
To: The Chevelle Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] Decoding the engine

-------------- Original message ----------------------
From: "William Piper" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> scrubbing on the block.  Front engine boss has two sets of numbers
> VO507UFO and T6F526006 (I'm guessing this number is part of the VIN).

Soneone else suggested UFC as a possible suffix and I think that's a
good guess.  My MSA-1 guide shows UFC as the suffix for an '86 truck
305 and that matches the year digit (6) in the partial VIN.

Brad


Reply via email to