I totally agree with Brad on this.  I have about 35 ads on Craigslist alone 
trying to rid my life of some of my extras, mostly to buy what I need for my 
ongoing projects.  The "gooday" is the first sign.  A lot of other use "the 
item".  I just hit the delete key.  Every once in a while I will toy with them. 
 There is a false Paypal scam and US postal money order scams as well when they 
try to do it electronically.  I do not accept anything other than cash, the 
green US postal money orders that have to be purchased with cash or a debit 
card or good ole Paypal.  I have had buyers open a paypal account just to 
purchase from me across the world.  I welcome prospective buyers to view my 
e-bay feedback to let them know I am for real.  I would say 1 in 10 that 
contact me are for real and if that 1 is interested enough and is not a "tire 
kicker" whatever I am selling is sold.  My $.02

----- Original Message ----
From: Brad Waller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: The Chevelle Mailing List <[email protected]>
Cc: Randy S Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, November 6, 2007 3:52:02 PM
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] First time selling on chevelle forum and a scam?




 

Sorry but this is false.  The scam often involves forged cashiers 
checks.  I know of cases where the bank verified the check, the money 
cleared, and then weeks later the bank found out it was a forgery.  They 
then took back all the money from the person's account.  They were out the 
item and had problems when their account ran dry and checks started 
bouncing.

 

Never wire money Western Union!

 

I have not heard of problems with Postal money 
orders.

 

If you are suspicious, run.  If you want to make the sale, use 
Escrow and let them take the risk.

 

You might want to check with the forum admin to trace the IP address of 
this guy to see if he is where he says he is.  You can ask for his phone 
number - and call it. Scammers usually disappear if you ask or provide a false 
number.



Brad Waller (owner of EPage.com classifieds since 
1994)

'66 Corvette | 327/dead | 4-speed | Wilwood Brakes 
| 245/45/16 BFG R1
'67 Chevelle | ex-SS396 | 355/700R4 | F-Body Brakes | 
275/40/17 Kumho MX




  
  
  From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] 
  [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Terry S 
  Hodges
Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2007 12:29 PM
To: The 
  Chevelle Mailing List; The Chevelle Mailing List
Cc: Randy S 
  Johnson
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] First time selling on chevelle 
  forum and a scam?



  

  Just make sure you wait for their check to clear, it doesn't matter if it 
  is a cashiers check or not. Still takes three days to clear If the routing 
  numbers are legit, then your bank will notify you.. A US postal order is 
  better. Then you can go to the post office and see if it is legitimate or not 
  when they run the numbers. 






__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around 
http://mail.yahoo.com 

Reply via email to