I could not agree with you more. Banks and Insurance Companies [ sorry Alex ] 
seem to have everything weighed in their favor. However, I would deposit the 
check and hold the shipment until the bank released the funds and stated in 
writing that all was good. 

-------------- Original message -------------- 
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] 

Sorry here, but just a rant on the following, I think its crappy of the bank to 
do this to people, it looks real to you, it looks real to the bank, so you send 
your stuff away, then the bank burns you in the end. They are supposed to be 
the experts- they somehow figure it out over some time- why couldn't they do 
what ever they "do later" right while you are standing there- electronically or 
something--
sorry again, I just think it kinda sucks.

Harlan





In a message dated 11/6/2007 10:49:35 PM Central Standard Time, [EMAIL 
PROTECTED] writes:



Sorry but this is false.  The scam often involves forged cashiers checks.  I 
know of cases where the bank verified the check, the money cleared, and then 
weeks later the bank found out it was a forgery.  They then took back all the 
money from the person's account.  They were out the item and had problems when 
their account ran dry and checks started bouncing. 






**************************************
See what's new at http://www.aol.com 

Reply via email to