  From: Josh Campbell
  Sent: Tuesday, December 25, 2007 9:18 AM
  Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] chevelle

  I think for the next build I wouldn't allow the inspector in the shop.......

  Mike Holleman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
    We are having a huge stink in NC right now about legal titling of classic
cars. I just delivered a 66 Chevelle I built for a customer. It was titled in
Ka. To get his NC title it was required for the State inspector to come by my
shop and verify the VIN matched the title. That was not a problem but when he
looked the build over closely and realized that all that was original was the
body and chassis he almost made us title it as a 2007 Custom. If he had pushed
the point my customer would have been subjected to emission requirements,
safety inspection and his property tax would not have been based on the book
value, but build cost.
    Then he walks over to my 65 Elky being built on a Schwartz chassis with an
LS2. Luckily it is already titled and registered or it would be a 2008 Custom.
    Things are not as simple as they used to be.
    Mike Holleman