Hi,

On Mon, 11 Jun 2012 19:40:46 +0200 Peter Bex <peter....@xs4all.nl> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 12:33:28PM +0200, Peter Bex wrote:
>> Currently a patch is being developed.  In the meanwhile an effective
>> workaround is to limit the maximum number of open descriptors using
>> the Unix "ulimit -n" command.
>
> For those feeling adventurous, please test the attached patch.  We are
> currently debating whether it should be applied, but unsure because
> there could be some potential portability problems with it as well as
> the fact that it's a reasonably large change to a core component of
> Chicken which is pretty subtle.
>
> It would be especially useful if people using anything *other* than
> Linux or BSD could report back success or failure.

Do we have reports on the stability of the patch Peter submited
(http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/chicken-users/2012-06/txtjStUisJaDm.txt)?
I'd be specially interested in feedback about it on non-Linux platforms.

{www,tests,wiki}.call-cc.org have been running it for 16 days now
without issues.

It would be nice to have this issue fixed in 4.8.0.

Best wishes.
Mario
--
http://parenteses.org/mario