Hello,

  I really strongly advise _against_ using SRFI-4 vectors for 4G files, as
I have experienced serious performance issues even with vectors of a few
million elements. If  your C code is to be linked with your Chicken code,
you can pass the pointer to your data from C to Scheme and use SRFI-4
foreign pointers to access it (see unit lolevel for details). If the C code
is running as a separate process, you could try using posix-shm to create
shared memory between processes and then use foreign pointers in the
Chicken process.

  Ivan