Go Routines are much like Chicken's SRFI-18 threads, except that they can
multiplex over multiple *real* threads if one should block.

Go also enjoys a rather robust Channels system, which is sort of like
Scheme's ports, only it's type-safe by design.

Wiki actually has a nice and short break-down on this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goroutine#Concurrency

-Dan