Hi Federico and welcome to the CHICKEN community!

I've just got a small note on your build setup. Most CHICKEN projects use a
.setup-file and then build with chicken-install. There should be a thousand
examples of setup-files (here's
<https://github.com/Adellica/chicken-nrepl/blob/master/nrepl.setup> a small
one, and here's
<http://bugs.call-cc.org/browser/project/release/4/fmt/trunk/fmt.setup> a
large one). Setup-files and chicken-install do tend to clobber your project
folder with binary files as well as installing things in /usr. If you can
live with that, it's nice in that it integrates in the other CHICKEN tools
(like cross-compiling and salmonella).

Cheers!
K.