My Chi has a coat that feels like soft silk and shines beautifully. I
use salmon oil also, but not all the time. I tend to use flax seed oil
aswell, and if you have a choice between the two, go for the flax.
Start with the oil, but you can also use the ground flax seeds, as
this incorporated more value that just the oil alone. If you grind
them yourself which is better, be sure to grind them very very finely. 

If you do decide to go with salmon oil, get one that specifically
states cold pressed. The heat pressed ones deteriorate the molecular
stability of the oil and can be less effective. 

good luck! 

BTW: I also bathe my dogs once a month, although most would say this
is too frequent, but the dog shampoo I use is awesome and very gentle. 
I also ensure that I brush them tail to head several strokes with a
boar brusseled brush when they are fresh from the tub. I then brush
them head to tail (so they don't look like little freaks!) 

DD.

--- In [email protected], "lsbarts" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> Can anyone tell me what I can add to my Chi girls' food to make their 
> coats shinier.  I already make my own dog food from baked chicken and 
> veggies so I suppose there is some type of oil that is safe and 
> beneficial to my girls that I can add to it.  I have a blue longhair 
> and a fawn shorthair Chi.  They are both a good weight and very 
> healthy, but their coats could be shinier.  Thanks for any info you 
> can share with me.
> 
> Lin, Sparky, Shelly
> & Angel Tutu
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>







" Lets talk about our wonderful little friends! 
Join today! "  
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Chihuahuas/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to